The brown doublet is still in production, slowly but surely. One has to wonder what was I thinking when I decided to hand-stitch a rapier ensemble. Usually, I don't go to that sort of lengths for armor, but what the heck. I started that way, now I'll finish it that way.
At any rate, I had originally planned on decorating this sucker with a pink/rose bias tape. The combination of brown with rose is nice, and both colors existed in period.
Nevertheless, when I did my prototype tab to check if this idea would work, the result was not what I expected.
No, it is not that it is hideously ugly. It is not. Only that it is more garish than what I wanted to do. Here is the pic of the tab:
Not terrible. However, I did try doing a running stitch on another tab using rose silk, and the result is much nicer. Here it is:
It is not as garish, but combined with the stuffed and embroidered buttons I have made, plus a codpiece slashed in that same rose tone colored linen, it should look nifty.
The good news is, doing a running stitch takes a heckuva lot less time than making and attaching bias tape.
And now, to work on the doublet while watching the World Cup.
Mexico is playing against Iran.
Can't miss it.