belfebe (belfebe) wrote,

  • Mood:
I have been a little bit lax in updating my journal, but I have been going through a really hard fu at work. It is amazing how much energy those kinds of things take out of you. Fortunately, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, and I am really hoping that it ain't no train . . .

Yesterday was a real blur for me as I was sleepy all day. After having a really fitful and restless night (see above), with all sorts of weird dreams, I woke up and went with ballistabob to IHOP for our usual Saturday morning pancake breakfast. After that, we headed off for Caitlin and Ranulf's, who were having a garage sale of all things SCA. Seeing Caitlin and Ranulf and spending time with them was a lot of fun, as usual. We don't get to see them as often as we would like, so a garage sale is as good an excuse as any other. Anyhow, by the time we got there, most people had come and went. However, we did manage to score a couple of nice pieces of wool and a buckload of muslin. The latter was a nice addition to my fabric stash as I had all but run out muslin for mock-ups. Also, ballistabob got two nice pieces of woodworking machinery that he will pick up when they actually move into their new spiffy home.

After that, we went to Thomas and Denise's to join the rest of the Barony on the painting of the new Baronial list fences. I am glad to report that a lot of painting did happen. On the other hand, I regret to inform that said painting did not much involve ballistabob or myself, as by the time we got there everything that could have been painted was and not much more could be done because of the rain. We did, however, spend a splendid time with everyone who showed up and much fun was had by all (thanks Tom and Denise!). By the end of the afternoon, people went outside to continue painting. ballistabob did get to do a little bit of painting done, but I was feeling really exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open so we had to head home.

Once we got home, I simply crashed and slept for about two solid hours. I woke up to the sound of "Love, do you want me to order some Chinese for dinner?" That sounded lovely. So after a nice, comforting bowl of won-ton soup and a bit of what I call a Chinese taco (moo-shoo beef rolled into a Chinese pancake), I went back to bed and I was out till this morning.

It is a glorious morning. I feel a lot better. There is hope in the air, and I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed that my plans work.

I am, and will, be holding my breath . . .

  • Hi, I am Mac...

    So yesterday I bought myself a new Mac Netbook Pro. I had been coveting one for years, and saving for it, so I finally went ahead and took the…

  • Leave and back to work

    Well, after two weeks vacation, yesterday I returned to work. I must say, this has been some of the best leave ever. And no, I did not travel, did…

  • Wrist Warmers!!!

    I work in a nifty building built at the turn of the 20th Century. It is a gorgeous building that could have been kept better than it has, but…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded