First of all, thanks to all of you guys for your notes of encouragement that you left in my comments section yesterday. It meant a lot to me.
Secondly, I have some good news and bad news.
First the bad news: After all the work I did yesterday on the gown, and after costuming meltdown yesterday evening, I decided to follow my own advice and not sacrifice quality for a rush job. Therefore, I am not finishing this puppy in time for KASF.
The good news is: I decided to follow Marcellus' advice and the chemise and doublet will be making an appearance at KASF as a work in progress in the A&S display.
BTW, domynik, the ugly yellow wool is not ugly because it is yellow. It is ugly because it is an incredibly fugly shade of puke green-yellow. Ick.
In the meantime, I have accomplished several things, among them I now have oodles and oodles of velvet guards cut on the bias and ready to roll. I have also learned that squeezing 7 yards of silk lined with linen onto a 32 inch waistband will not give me the effect or an Italian or French skirt that I am looking for. In other words, modifying Alcega for these purposes is not a good idea. Original Alcega = good. Beefed up Alcega = bad.
On the other hand, once I pick apart the skirt and re-engineer it, I will have a nice chunk of silk left. I will also have time to make the matching hat and pouch for my gown, and maybe even a new embroidered muff.
After all, I am in no hurry now.