I am a happy belfebe today. I have finally worked around the problem of not being able to update the website. You see, I had been using FrontPage for both web development and for uploading files. This arrangement worked very well until our host migrated our site. After that, poof!, not only some of my latest updates dissapeared from the Internet, but now it did not recognize my files and did not allow me to upload anything.
After countless phone calls to the company, and after many reassurances that nothing was wrong with my account, settings, files, etc., I decided to download a regular FTP program and see if that worked. I picked Cute FTP because Readyhosting, our webserver, recommended it as very user friendly. (Translation = An easy to use FTP program for goobers just like me).
I then tested it with Greta's Webpage, which I have been working on, and it worked like a charm. Hopefully, I will be able to re-upload my stuff by the weekend at the latest.
The Hamster lives!
Long live the Hamster!