The meeting that began on Wednesday has finally ended, and I am tired but happy. Even better, I have had the chance to see some of the city and meet some wonderful people.
More news later (and pics!).
I will be flying back tomorrow and arriving very late. That means that I will not be able to attend Chalice of the Sun God. That also means that I will also ask from all of you to have a wonderful time at the event, take a lot of pictures and get good stories for me when I return.
Oh, and don't forget to check on my wonderful ballistabob.
And now, just because I can I shall respond to the meme on quirky stuff, since I've been tagged by Dante.
A. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
1. I tend to swap numbers. I don't know if it is a slight case of dyslexia, since I don't swap letters. It makes balancing checkbooks and dialing phone numbers really interesting.
2. My hair is naturally curly. In the 70's, I used to wear an afro. I don't think my Mom ever got over that.
3. When I was born, my parents were expecting a boy. Everything I had was blue. In fact, the newspaper announcement for my birth reads that Mr. and Mrs. Martinez had a lovely, bouncing baby boy.
4. As a result of the above mentioned situation, the nurse, who was my grandmother's friend, pierced my ears within 24 hours of my birth. She was tired to have everyone look at me, all dressed in blue, saying "Look at that cute little boy." She put earrings on me and pointed out: "It's no boy. Look, she's wearing earrings."
5. For some strange reason, batteries go dead on me really quickly. Whether it is cameras, computers, watches, etc., it seems I kill them dead fast.
6. Yes, I like pickled pig's feet. For that matter, I also like pickled tongue and menudo So sue me.
7. No, I do not like pools. Especially those that don't have heated water.
B. Tag seven people to do the same. Pirategirleee, greta_k, geoffreyapclwyd, psalite, perronelle, and lia de tornegge.